HOW TO GET CERTIFIED
Below are several agencies and organizations that assist in learning and applying for minority business certification, free of charge.
NYC BUSINESS – M/WBE CERTIFICATION
SEE THE FOLLOWING TOPICS:
- About the Certification
- Why Certify?
- Certification Training
- Certification Process
- Business Opportunities & Contracts for Certified M/WBEs
The Mayor’s Office of Minority and Women-owned Business Enterprise
FIND THE FOLLOWING
- Contracts and RFPs
- Training and Resources
- M/WBE Events
Procurement Technical Assistance Centers (PTACs)
Make PTAC your first stop. The PTAC website has a plethora of information and PTAC offers On-on-One counseling as well as workshops and Matchmaking Events. PTAC gives guidance on how to become certified and registered and the benefits for small businesses participating in the 8a, Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB), HUBZones, Woman Owned Businesses and Veteran Owned Business.
They can help you with everything you need to sell to federal, state and local government agencies at little or no charge.
PTAC’s Workshops and One-on-One Counseling.
- Workshops and Matchmaking Events teach you what you need to know and connect you with other businesses and agency buyers.
- One-on-One Counseling tailored to your specific needs – always free of charge!
New Online Certification and Re-certification Application for MBEs
NMSDC CENTRAL® is a new Online Certification and Re-certification Application that is now integrated with NMSDC’s new Minority Supplier Management Information Database.
MWBE Training Tuesdays Webinar Series
FROM THE EMPIRE STATE DEVELOPMENT WEBSITE >>
The “Training Tuesdays” webinar series is a series of online capacity building seminars to inform participants on best practices in marketing your business to NYS agencies & authorities.
Topics discussed during webinars include:
- Leveraging discretionary purchasing
- Increasing capacity through the capacity building Mentor-Protégé Program
- Developing effective marketing strategies
- Upcoming contracting opportunities with NYS Agencies and Authorities
- Doing business with NYS Agencies and Authorities